Run For The Wall Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >RFTW General Discussion >General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RFTW Back Patches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-29-2012 at 11:35am
Other patches that are worn upside down are Phelps patches preferably centered as low as possible on the back of your vest.
If you are interested we have a get together the 3rd Saturday at noon at Johnsons Corner.
Colorado PGR
BankerChuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BankerChuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-30-2012 at 11:52am
My philosophy is: If I think, or anyone else, I need duct-tape over a patch, it will not go on my vest. Censored 
Banker

USN USS Hornet CVS 12

Vietnam Veteran 1963-1967
Ride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-30-2012 at 12:05pm
I have a similar policy with patches. If a grandparent would be embarrassed explaining a patch to their grandchild it does not belong on a vest. Exception if they are embarrassed do to the political meaning.
Colorado PGR
Big Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-30-2012 at 12:47pm
I just don't want her name on my cut.
101st Airborne 3rd of the 506th Vietnam 1970-71
Harley0711 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harley0711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-30-2012 at 2:03pm
If the kids today will "Melt" by seeing the Word BITCH and Jane Fonda - then they will not make it to adulthood -

It is a personal choice - where what you want and be proud -

Edited by Harley0711 - Dec-30-2012 at 2:05pm
USN 68/72 USS Oriskany CVA-34

Enjoy today for tomorrow may never come,,
Harley

History is a myth that men agree to believe.
Napoleon
LaiKhe67tc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaiKhe67tc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-30-2012 at 3:37pm
Good perspective, all the points. Harley0711, you are right about the kids, I like to think we are something of a counter-force to the heavy barrage of politically correct drivel that fills modern American schools. Life is tough, children need to prepare for that. When war looms on the horizon, boys need to be men in a hurry. "Not me, I might get hurt." just doesn't cut it.
Freedom. It seems to frighten a lot of people, but I am sold on it.
Road Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Road Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-30-2012 at 8:40pm
Harley0711... I disagree with the comment "wear what you want and be proud".   I have two granddaughters.  4 yrs and 7yrs.  I will not wear anything on my vest that I wouldn't want them to see.  If administrators of the schools we visit see or hear improper language, either verbally or sewn on our vest, we may not be invited back.  I have seen patches with far worse than the word you mentioned above. Up to and including the "F" word.  I realize these kids are going to be exposed to all kinds of language during their young life and no their not going to melt.  However, we should be respectful while we're their guest.   

Road Dawg

I may have to grow old...but I don't have to grow up.

RFTW FNG 2004
RFTW 2005,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14(Plan to)
Ride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-30-2012 at 9:21pm
Road Dawg Very well said.
Colorado PGR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaiKhe67tc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-30-2012 at 9:56pm
Road Dawg is as wise as anyone I have met, thank you.

Not to overly expand on my thoughts on visiting the schools, I just hope we are seen as gentle men (and women) of honor, compassion, and a touch of bravery. When we ride off onto the sunset, it would be a victory if some of these youngsters say to themselves, "I want to be a man (or woman) like that!"
Generals Driver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Generals Driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec-31-2012 at 4:53am
EZ-Rodder..........Had a good friend make them for me.
The Few-The Proud-The Marines 74-81
RFTW FNG 2008
RFTW Advance Team 2009-2010(Stager)
RFTW Participant 2011
RFTW Ambassador 2012-2013

Kansas Patriot Guard
LOBO View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOBO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-02-2013 at 4:20pm
ClapRoad Dawg, well said and couldn't agree with you more.

I have an extra set of new back patches for sale if anyone is interested in them. $50. I live in the St. Louis area or can ship. Also Central Route, Participant 2010, and RFTW Wrist Bracelet (2010).
 Large Back Patch Set2012 Year Bars

Edited by LOBO - Jan-02-2013 at 4:21pm
Joseph Lopez
SSGT, USAF IDMT (Medic)
June 1979-July 1990
The Mayor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-02-2013 at 4:42pm
'Found my Jane Fonda patch in D.C. at the end of the run a couple of years ago.  I'd be happy to explain it to any child:
"JANE FONDA
AMERICAN BORN
TRAITOR BY CHOICE"
Jim "The Mayor" Frost
Rancho Cucamonga
2008, 2009, and 2010 Calif State Coordinator
EZ-Rodder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EZ-Rodder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-09-2013 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Wish Wish wrote:

Run For The Wall is not a club it is a Mission.

We do however wear back patches (which I have now) much like a motorcycle club.

Do any MC's have an issue when they see the RftW patch?

I can't see why anyone would have a problem with RftW, but I have been told by the Patriot Guard Riders to wear their patch "at your own risk" in this area (Colorado) because some MC's have a problem with it.

Todd "EZ-Rod" Miller
Road Captain, U.S. Military Motorcycle Riders, Ft. Carson, CO
Active Duty Army, V.F.W. Life Member, Colorado PGR
Run for the Wall 2013
Pikes Peak H.O.G.
Ride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-09-2013 at 8:25am
I have not had any problem with RFTW patches or PGR patches. The problem with some clubs is double rockers.
Colorado PGR
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-09-2013 at 8:46am
IT WAS MY UNDERSTANDING THAT WHEN RFTW PRESENTED THE PATCH TO THE CONFEDRATION  --THE PATCH WAS TO BE RECOGNIZED AS ''NOT'' REPRESENTING A ''CLUB''. it is not a 3 part patch as in clubs..  AND ANY WHO WEAR IT WERE TO BE GIVEN SAFE PASSAGE IN AREAS WHERE THERE WERE CONFLICTS BETWEEN RIVAL CLUBS.   NOW ITS BEEN MY EXPERIANCE --THAT I HAVE BEEN WELL TREATED BY ALL CLUBS I HAVE CAME IN CONTACT WITH.  THO I DO NOT WEAT IT IN CERTAIN BARS AS TOO NOT ENCOURAGE A CONFRONTATION. OTHERWISE I WEAR IT EVERY WHERE I HAVE BEEN WITH NO PROBLEMS.

Edited by shadow - Jan-09-2013 at 11:11am
the Shadow

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaiKhe67tc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-09-2013 at 9:24am
The Colorado guys can chime in here, but the friends I have in Colorado have a lot of trouble with at least one club that thinks they are the only ones who can wear a back patch. I wear my Straggler patch through the state quite frequently without a problem, but I don't live there and don't go to biker bars on my travels. Riders come from all over the world to ride through the mountains and wear all sorts of patches without being confronted. That said, anywhere you go with a 3 part back patch ensemble you are subject to confrontation from 1% club members.
cowboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-09-2013 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

IT WAS MY UNDERSTANDING THAT WHEN RFTW PRESENTED THE PATCH TO THE CONFEDRATION  --THE PATCH WAS TO BE RECOGNIZED AS ''NOT'' REPRESENTING A ''CLUB''. it is not a 3 part patch as in clubs..  AND ANY WHO WEAR IT WERE TO BE GIVEN SAFE PASSAGE IN AREAS WHERE THERE WERE CONFLICTS BETWEEN RIVAL CLUBS.   NOW ITS BEEN MY EXPERIANCE --THAT I HAVE BEEN WELL TREATED BY ALL CLUBS I HAVE CAME IN CONTACT WITH.  THO I DO NOT WEAT IT IN CERTAIN BARS AS TOO NOT ENCOURAGE A CONFRONTATION. OTHERWISE I WEAR IT EVERY WHERE I HAVE BEEN WITH NO PROBLEMS.

Shadow.......is correct. When the RFTW patch was designed it was presented to the "Confederation" of clubs for approval,  RFTW agreed to NOT ever wear a bottom rocker. A bottom rocker in the 1% world is to show territory.....RFTW IS NOT territorial......
Say what you want or have what ever opinions you want about 1% clubs but what you have to remember is that by not ever wearing a bottom rocker of any kind it is showing the the words of RFTW can be trusted......

1% clubs have ridden with us in the past, some with colors some without. They have agreed that if they ever volunteer for a position within RFTW that they will not wear their colors out of respect for us............So that said no bottom rocker  for an RFTW patch is keeping our promise.

I have been in bars in many many states with my patch, have ridden with many 1% clubs and have never had a problem......why?? maybe because I show respect (deserved or not) and don't display an attitude......

gunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-09-2013 at 7:03pm
WELL SAID COWBOY Thumbs Up
When you look at the WALL and cry because your not on it!!! YOU ARE MY BROTHER!!!
jfcmckee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfcmckee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-09-2013 at 8:44pm
Speaking about our patch, just saw a movie called "Winter's Bone", and one of the more despicable characters (Thump Milton as played by Ron "Stray Dog" Hall) in the film was wearing a vest with our RFTW backpatch including the top rocker.

I seem to remember someone else mentioning this in a thread awhile back.  Was any kind of protest lodged against the producers of this film for displaying our patch is such a disrespectful way?
"Wicked"
CR ATW '06 & '07
SR ATW '08 thru '13
SR RG 2010 thru 2013
BOD Director of Risk Management/Purchasing 2012 - 2015
Proud Navy Dad
stevie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan-10-2013 at 7:23am
I just received my back patches the other only took about 5 days to get them in the mail. Thanks to Dave for the quick turn. Now I need to get then sewn on. Anybody know of anyone who does that stuf around league city texas? No problemfrom any of the clubs arounf this part of Texas with wearing the patches. Most,  if not all understand the Mission of RFTW.
Stevie "Ray" Arbogast
RFTW PART 2012
Master Chief USN. (RET)
Active USN 1981-1989
USNR 1989-2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic